Sunday, July 27, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away....

Welp, we're in the middle of some severe thunderstorms for like the millionth day in a row and I'm sitting here in the camper that is currently without power. And I'm all alone. Needless to say, I'm bored to tears and everything in my camper (including myself) has taken on a permenently damp feeling. Other than that camping is going wonderfully well. Keith will be back this Wednesday from a work trip to New Orleans. He's been gone for close to 2 weeks now and I think I'm getting used to him being away. I've kept myself pretty busy trying to finish up some grad school work and visiting with the campground folks. We went out to dinner the other night at this Japanese hibachi grill where they cook in front of you. Pretty cool! There was fire on the grill and salt shakers tossed into the air and a whole lot of crazy cooking tricks. We also had some old campground friends that have since moved to California up for a night, so we got to do some visiting there too. Here's some campground pics that I was supposed to post last time to give you an idea of where we are and what we do.






Keith has been catching up on playing Beer Die, a drinking game made famous by the campground folks. He's been missing this terribly up in New Hampshire, so he's making up for lost time....

We've had lots of good campfires, too. The nice thing about the campground is that if you light a fire everyone comes and sits around it with you...lots of great chats. And usually s'mores are involved which is absolutly fantastic in my book!












Keith has also developed the genius idea of turning the TV around from inside the camper and playing Wii outside. This is Keith and a couple of buddies bowling (plus its a decent shot of my camper a.k.a. my summer home)






And after all that hard work, my boys like to take naps. Must be a rough life, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment