Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A fresh start

A quick update….


In just a few short days I will be leaving behind my well worn desk chair, my keyboard tray that seems to accumulate crumbs faster than Alaska accumulates snow, and my dull grey-ish cube for the world of colorful whiteboard markers, office supplies galore, and of course kids. Yep, that’s right….I am officially a teacher once again.

To maintain anonymity (somewhat) and so I can continue this blog I won’t tell you where I got a job, but I will be teaching middle school general science. While I’m no stranger to teaching, I am new to the world of middle school. I’ll be trading my zitty kids for smelly ones and my horny ones for well….those hormones will still be flying  I am so super excited to start, although I will be jumping into a classroom after the year has already started so I’m sure there will be a bit of an adjustment period for me and the kids.

Either way….the prospect of summers off, and vacations, and three day weekends, and snow days….well you get the picture. It will mean more time with my little man though which makes me oh so happy. I’m already looking forward to trips to the beach and museums and other fun things for next summer.

So here goes nothing…..now I just have to hope that I can control the trucker mouth that I have developed over the past few years :)

No comments:

Post a Comment