Saturday, January 15, 2011

Holy emotions, batman!

So the emotions that go along with this being a mom thing are CRAZY.  And I'm not just talking the whole postpartum hormonal ish....here's the story.  On Monday we got a call from Evan's pediatrician saying that he needed to have his  newborn screen redone because he had an abnormal result for a genetic  disorder.  She was  fairly positive that it was a false positive, but when something like that happens it hangs over your head.  We re-did the screen and in the meantime I researched like a crazy lady about LCHAD, the metabolic disorder that Evan could possibly have....and scared the living daylights out of myself.  Basically, he could lead a fairly normal life, but would have to have a special diet and may not be able to participate in sports or things that required large amounts of energy.  Needless to say, I had a knot in my stomach all week and realized yesterday that I haven't really been eating (not smart as  I'm nursing...bad  mom).  Anyways, the lab called yesterday ( after I had called them twice in the past two days) to say that everything came back completely normal!  I didn't realize how tightly would I was until I was able to relax.  It was def a more intense emotion than I've felt in a while...even stronger than the whole Down's Syndrome debaucle we went through with him when I was 17 wks pregnant (yes, this is the second genetic test he's "failed").  Anyways, here's some picutres for your viewing pleasure.
 Evan and Dad sleeping on the couch...well Evan was  at least
 He gets a 'fro when he gets out of the bath...love it!
 He wasn't too sure what to make of that giraffe
 A hospital picture...I cannot believe how much he has changed already!


 Channeling his inner Zoolander...can anyone say Blue Steel?
 Evan meeting his first new friend, Sophia.  She just wanted to eat him.
And a sneak peek of his first professional photo shoot.  I'm sure there will be many more of these when we get them!

1 comment:

  1. Ummm...THAT baby is perfect! I can tell just by looking at him. But thank goodness the testing came back in your favor. That had to be stressful!

    ReplyDelete