Monday, August 9, 2010

Anniversary, pool, and baby's gender!

I've had quite an eventful few weeks and since I haven't posted in a while this might be a bit long.  Have no fear...I'll toss in some photos to make it more amusing.

First, hubby and I celebrated our 1st anniversary on July 11th.  We didn't do anything super crazy, just a nice quiet dinner out just the two of us at a new restaurant.  We went to a place called The Russell in Hartford that is a caribbean-ish themed place. The food was delicious and they even had fried yucca...possibly my favorite thing in the world.  Plus, hubby got me a video camera :) so that means there will prob be some video posts in the near future.  Here's our anniversary in one photo...including the cake (which by the way...TERRIBLE idea to eat it a year later.)
We also finally got our pool up and running.  It needed a new liner and since we're cheap we didn't want to pay to have someone do it.  We got my family and some family friends together to lend a hand and we now have a lovely pool to enjoy.  Better late than never.  Here's the boys hard at work....(I was supervising, I swear).
And last (but certainly not least) we have officially found out what whether we're having a boy or a girl this December.  We had a bit of a rough go of things the past few weeks (I'll post about it one of these days), but thankfully everything is going well and the baby's doing great.  Here's a picture of me at 19 weeks pregnant and I'm finally starting to really look pregnant.
Annnndd......we're having a little.......
BOY!  So excited.  And I'm sure he loves that I just posted his boy parts for all of you to see.  Here's a face shot just for good measure.  Isn't he cute?
Think that's it.  Look forward to another interesting blog entry later this week as a late response to MamaKat's Writers Workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment