This may be a difficult post to get through without getting all teary, but here goes...
1. How to make "hospital corners" with the bedsheets when making the bed. It's still the only way I can sleep.
2. Never quit in the middle....even if you hate what you're doing. If you made a commitment finish it. Once its finished you can always stop.
3. It's okay if my house isn't spotless as long as my family is happy and healthy (she taught me this one a bit later in life).
4. That Whopper Juniors from Burger King are the perfect way to beat a little bit of stress.
5. To suck in my gut and squeeze my bum when I walk...along with holding your shoulders back.
6. Table manners. We went to a fancy New Year's Eve dinner as a family each year just so that we knew how to eat properly. Sadly, I forget a lot of this :)
7. How to get all dolled up for a boy....but that that isn't what it's all about.
8. It's okay to be a strong woman...and we are strong women.
9. But it's also okay to know when you need someone to lean on.
10. And most importantly, she taught me what love is. How to love and how to be loved. That one right there is the greatest gift I could ask for.
And there's the tears....
And this way yet again, another response to Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop.