Friday, December 30, 2011

A bit sidetracked...

This being home on vacation thing rocks!  I have tons of time to do all kinds of neat things and of course to scour Pinterest for fantastic ideas.  This week I went to the store to find a frame for the wall art that I'm planning (which I found) but I got sidetracked by some super cute fabric.  Let me preface this by saying that I asked for a sewing machine four years ago and got one....and it has remained in the box without even being opened since then.  So I bought the fabric, broke out the sewing machine and whipped up a cute little cover for my Kindle.  It definitly isn't pretty, but I wouldn't call it a total fail.  I did this without a pattern and just kind of went with it...and it was a great way to get back into sewing so maybe there will be some more projects like that coming up in the near future.

In other news, we celebrated little man's first birthday yesterday.  I cannot believe that it has been a year since the marathon birth occured (you can read about it here if you really want to...but I totally downplayed the awfulness of it in my post-partum, sleep neglected state).  I cannot believe that he has been a part of our lives for a year.  It seems like it was just yesterday that I was bringing him home and wondering how the heck I was supposed to keep him alive.  Yet at the same time, I cannot remember what life was like without him.  And now I am officially the mother of a toddler....god help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment